EcoAction Partners Sustainable Consulting Services: Making Your Festivals and Events Sustainable: Zero Waste. Carbon Neurtality. Organic, Local Food Education.
EcoAction Partners has worked with many festivals, events and organizations in our region to:
- Help them reduce energy use
- Offset energy use and transportation to reduce their carbon foot-print
- Source local and organic food and vendors
- Divert waste from the landfills through proper ordering, recycling and local composting
- Educate staff and attendees on all areas of sustainability- from what is being done at event to what they can do at home and in their own community.
We are there to work with staff before, during and after, to help plan ahead, support, provide volunteers, promote steps being taken to reduce impact, and quantify the goal of reducing the event footprint. How do we do it?
Waste Reduction through:
- Planning ahead with proper ordering of vendor and festival
supplies to assure what is being used is compostable and/or
recyclable in local system.
- Staffing of Compost, Recycling and Trash (CRT) stations with
Energy and CO-2 services: Options to help reduce or offset though local and state organizations. Funds go towards new measurable and verified carbon offset projects such as local energy efficiency projects, and educational programs that assist with decreasing consumption and energy reduction.
Food: Use our knowledge and contacts with local vendors that
source organic and local food. This helps provide quality options for attendees and reduces cost and impact of bringing food to event.
Education: Make available a staffed booth at event to provide hands on
activities and information on all areas of sustainability. Displays and “games” for attendees to get a real feel for ways to live healthier, reduce their impact and decrease energy and waste expenses. Education of staff to understand and be able to speak about what is being done at event to reduce environmental impact.