Since 2007, EcoAction Partners provide solutions to create sustainable mountain communities in the San Juan Mountain region.
EcoAction Partners inspires, initiates and supports collaborative community actions that enhance resilient economic, environmental and social systems.
Currently, we run programs throughout the greater San Miguel County and Ouray County region to accomplish Greenhouse Gas reduction, focusing on energy, waste, and food efforts. Our staff and volunteers actively support sustainability in our community through programs such as our Green Business Certification Program, Greenlights LED Light bulb Program, Truth or Dare Community Challenge, Zero Waste Teams at Telluride’s festivals (and regional events), and much more.
EcoAction Partners originated as The New Community Coalition in 2007 to implement sustainability efforts in San Miguel county. Our 501(c)3 non-profit organization is funded by the Town of Telluride, Town of Mountain Village, and San Miguel County. We have also received major funding in the past and present years from the Telluride Foundation, Faraway Foundation, Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association and San Miguel Power Association. Our name was changed to EcoAction Partners in the Spring of 2012 to emphasize our active role in the community on the forefront of San Miguel County’s sustainability initiatives.
What We've Achieved
- Developed our region’s GHG Emissions inventory, updating and tracking emissions since 2010.
- SMPA IQ Program: Supports low and middle-income households by providing a free energy assessment that prioritizes and implements cost effective energy efficiency improvements.
- Truth or Dare: School programs that teach saving energy and reducing waste by establishing sustainable life habits.
- Greenlights: LED lightbulb rebate program to encourage energy efficiency and save businesses and citizens money.
- Green Business Certification: Helps businesses realize the financial benefits of energy efficiency through certification programs.
- Regional composting program: We secured a grant to start a composting program in the town of Ophir with plans to expand regionally.